Sunday, March 10, 2013

More on CANTORSOHN / CANTORSON


Learning from my blog.

In my last entry, I included the list of children of Sara HAMMERSTEIN geb. KANTORSOHN because I had wanted to see whether she had a son Bernhard (like Rahel did), who could have been named after his putative grandfather Baer KANTERSON (as Rahel's son presumably was):


Even though the first time I looked at the list of children of Hirsch Laser HAMMERSTEIN and Sara geb. KANTORSOHN, I specifically did not see a Bernhard or Berel, looking at the same list a few minutes later:

     Pauline Hammerstein
     Aurelie Hammerstein 1840 –
     Moritz Hammerstein 1841 – 1907
     Minna Hammerstein 1844 –
     Jacob Hammerstein 1845 – 1901
     Johanna Hammerstein 1845 –
     Bernhard Hammerstein 1849 –
     Leopold Hammerstein 1850 –
there clearly was a son Bernhard HAMMERSTEIN.

Checking my last blog to see where to pick up for the next entry, I noticed the Aurelie in that list of HAMMERSTEIN children, along with the names Jacob and Johanna.

  • Aurelie was also the name of a daughter of Abraham CANTORSON. 
  • Jacob was the name of a son of Johanna CANTORSON.
  • Johanna was the name of another of Rahel's children (in addition to Bernhard).
  • And there is an unattached Bernhard CANTORSON who might turn out to be a son of Abraham CANTORSON.
All in all, it creates more reason to find connections between the contemporaries Rachel (LAUDON), Johanna (FALKENHEIM), Sara (HAMMERSTEIN), and Abraham CANTORSON.

No comments:

Post a Comment